Sunday, September 16, 2012

 Ok been a while since I last posted  But things have been UP ;) Sewing machine fixed ,garb getting made  I'm now a official Member of the SCA ( got my card Friday), took Daughters 3 and 4 to their first event and they had a blast,   the event was mostly a Archery  and that is what the girls and I love ;)  Got to try several different types of Bows and I must say that the Hungarian Horse bow is my new Fav ..I want one so bad ;)  it has a smooth pull to it and the release is great I feel like I can shoot this type of bow all day and never get tired  I'm serious  I pull a 50 lbs re curve and My arms get tired , But that 50ish lbs Horse bow felt like nothing  I'm going to be doing some serious research   in to  the history about this bow . ok enough about that,  D4 learned about blacksmithing and she made a lantern hook for me ;) and she had lots of fun helping out  D3 competed with me in the shooting I she wants her own Bow now ;)  they got a kick out of the Heavy weapons fighting there was a Lord there that could really get the crowed laughing , and at the end of a long day we were tired and sun burned, full from the most lovey  feast , the girls was given two feast daggers (handmade by blacksmiths )  Agin Thank YOU!!! Milords ;) Learned about Horse bows,Made new friends  


 Keeping the dream Alive
 Lady Dierdre Ruadh NicChonmara
 aka Michele Lynd

No comments:

Post a Comment